Head of Customer Support
Open Listings is building the simplest and most affordable way to buy a home: e-commerce for real estate. We help tech savvy buyers shop for homes with expert online support, then save them a ton of money with a 50% commission refund. We're assisting hundreds of thousands of active buyers and transacting more than one home each day.
Our team comes from places like Amazon, Facebook, Huge, Redfin, startups — a small but ambitious group passionate about making this complex, uncertain experience simpler and thereby dramatically lowering the cost to buy. To help us accomplish this, we’re looking for an experienced customer support head that can help us scale our customer support organization (we call it the “Buyer Experience Team”).
The Buyer Experience Team is responsible for assisting buyers at every step of the homebuying journey. Whether they’re at the beginning of the process and trying to understand the world of real estate, or savvy vets reading to close on a transaction, we’re there to make their experience simpler, faster, and more affordable.
You will be responsible for:
- Hiring, training, and managing for the rapidly growing buyer experience team (currently ~10 people).
- Driving constant improvements through mentorship, coaching, and setting up training and resources.
- Building simple and elegant processes for serving our buyers.
- Balancing the demands of delivering a magical buyer experience with rigor and efficiency to manage costs.
- Setting and driving improvements to key metrics for both the team and individuals.
- Synthesizing customer insights and working with the product team to build a better service.
- Pinpoint and resolve critical client issues as they arise and work across internal teams to ensure they are addressed with scalable long-term solutions
- Helping to make strategic decisions with the executive team about how to best serve our buyers.
- 5+ years of experience leading customer success teams in B2C where customers were engaged via phone, email, texting, and more. Startup and tech experience a plus.
- Guru-level experience with Zendesk and other leading customer-support tools.
- A quantitative perspective, the ability to derive meaning from datasets, and some technical aptitude.
- A love of people management and the ability to inspire and lead by example.
- A proven ability to get stuff done in a a fast-growth low-structure environment.
- Competitive salary, generous stock option grants, 100% paid medical/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) match, gym reimbursement, and more.
- You’ll learn more about real estate than you ever wanted to know.
- Work from our chill, sunny Los Feliz office. Flexible work schedule.