Real Estate Agent: In-House
Open Listings is building the future of real estate. We're a fast-growing tech-powered real estate brokerage with tens of thousands of homebuyers throughout California. We believe that homebuying should be simple and affordable. To accomplish this, we offer a 50% commission refund and are building the industry's first end-to-end service for buying a home. Agents play an important role in the Open Listings process, and are laser-focused on critical moments when an experienced professional is needed, such as offer negotiation, resolving escrow issues, etc. We're automating or simplifying the rest with a custom software platform and helping to define new practices for how homes are bought and sold. Never satisfied with the solutions of yesterday, we’re always pushing ourselves to improve the experience for our clients.
As an Open Listings Agent, you will assist buyers only when they are ready to make an offer on a home. You are the human element of the Open Listings service, guiding the buyer through the offer and closing process. Your job is to ensure that the transaction is completed smoothly, delivering expertise and guidance as needed in the context of the Open Listings platform and service.
How does it work?
- You'll join our staff agent team and hang your license with Open Listings. You'll work with our buyers primarily in the LA area. This is a full-time role, and you'll be expected to be in the Open Listings HQ generally during business hours.
- You'll begin working with buyers when they're ready to make an offer on a specific property, and it's your job to get the offer submitted, accepted, and closed. Our support team and software automatically handles buyer qualification and follow-up. Our philosophy is to serve, not sell, and we expect a similar ethos from our agents. The buyer may interact with several team members, including yourself, as they research homes, schedule showings, and write offers. You can expect to close 5-10 deals per month.
- You'll also become a core part of the Open Listings HQ team, helping to develop the software product and the package of services we offer homebuyers. Come help us build the future of real estate!
You're experienced. You have significant expertise in offers and transactions. Minimum 2-3 years experience as a practicing real estate agent with deep knowledge of your local market, C.A.R. contracts, and the homebuying process.
You care. You prize yourself on your ability to get deals done, but you care deeply about the client's experience during the process. You are ready to jump in and solve any problem that may arise.
You want to be part of the future. You understand that the real estate industry is changing, and that may mean new roles for agents, new compensation structures, and the ever-increasing role of technology. You're tech savvy; you live on your smartphone and can quickly incorporate new software tools and apps into your workflow.
You're licensed and a Realtor. You have a California real estate salesperson's or broker's license and you're a member of your local board of Realtors and MLS.
- Base salary plus competitive bonus plan. High-performing agents can earn up to $100k+ per year.
- Work from our chill hillside office in sunny Silver Lake, Los Angeles. Lots of opportunities to work from home. (But you must be based in LA.)
- Positive, balanced, flexible company vibes